Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wrapping things up!

This is looking north on Highway 1623, just east of Stonewall, Texas.

Some old barns I found along the way. 

This is practically the same as the one from Highway 1623 above. The gate was open so I walked into the pasture to get this shot. 
I'll be spending just a few more days in the Fredericksburg, Texas area so I'm beginning to wrap things up. Yesterday, I finished a painting of some wildflowers and trees and considered starting another new piece but decided against it since the paint wouldn't have time to dry before I move. I'm still trying to work out some of the details of being a mobile artist and storing wet paintings is one of those areas that I'm still working on.

Over the next few days, I'm going to be varnishing some paintings so I can deliver them to the Whistle Pik Gallery before I leave this area. I'll also be taking care of all the little things that need to be done before moving, like doing laundry, shopping for groceries and making sure the truck and trailer are both ready for the move. My next stop will be at the Big Bend National Park but I still haven't decided which RV park I'll be staying in...actually, I haven't even decided which town I'll be staying in, much less which park. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

This evening, I went for a drive towards Blanco, Texas. I took a few pictures along the way and will share them with you.

Until next time.


2 comments:

  1. We are loving the updates. Your studio looks like such a nice set up. What an amazing adventure and the pictures to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Great to hear from you! Yep, my adventure is in full swing and I'm enjoying it. Thanks for commenting and tell your family I said hello!

    ReplyDelete