Friday, April 12, 2013

A change of plans!

Last few minutes of sunlight in the Cave Creek area.

Sunlight filtering down thru the trees.

This small store in the Cypress Mill area looked very tropical to me. 

The same store as seen from the east side. 

I love the louvered shutters!
Time is flying by! On this trip, I'd planned to stay in the Fredericksburg, Texas area for a month and already 3 weeks have come and gone. I can't believe that I'll be hitching up a week from tomorrow. I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I wanted to so I'd better get on the stick.

My original plan was to head east once leaving this area but I've already changed my mind. I've always wanted to visit Big Bend National Park so I've decided that, since it's only a couple hundred miles west,  I'm going to go there before heading east. I'm not certain yet which RV park I'll land in but there are several in the area to choose from.

I've put a few miles on my truck over the last couple of days and I've taken a few pictures along the way. Yesterday, just about sunset, I drove up to Cave Creek, a small town northeast of Fredericksburg. I stumbled onto a back road and took a few pictures just as the sun was setting. Today, I ended up northeast of Johnson City and found a cool old building that appeared to be no longer in use. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Until next time.

1 comment: