Monday, April 8, 2013

A whole herd of 'em!

This is south of Llano, in the Texas Hill Country!

A few wildflowers are blooming but the drought is taking it's toll.

The Longhorns checked me out as I checked them out.

And the Longhorn says " So, what do you think, guys? Should I gore 'im now"?
Once again, I went out for a drive on a country road recommended to me by a local artist. And once again, I found myself out in the boonies...miles and miles from anywhere. This dirt road had a  "washboard" surface, one of those that will jar your teeth right out of their sockets. I'm glad my truck didn't break down because it would've been a long walk out. And my phone wouldn't have been of much use since service is not normally available in these remote areas.

A few days ago, I posted one picture of a Texas Longhorn that I stumbled onto? That Longhorn was in the distance, so I had to zoom in just to get a picture. Well, on this trip, I stumbled onto an entire herd of 'em. They seemed gentle, even though their horns are scary looking.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment