Sunday, July 28, 2013

Still enjoying Glacier!

This is one of the locals. You can usually find him or his friends hanging around Logan Pass.
Some of the views here will just take your breath away!
Lord O Mercy! And to think I drove to Marfa, Texas to see their mystery lights and all I really had to do was come to Glacier! Those guys that photograph the orbs on the TV ghost shows got nothin' on me!
Okay, this one is not from Glacier. It's kind of weird. I feel like I've been on this road before!

I just checked the weather for the upcoming week. The highs are predicted to be around 80 degrees and the nighttime lows are going to range from 45 to 50. I never thought I'd be using my furnace in July but I am.

I've been in Columbia Falls, just outside of Glacier National Park, for a little over a week and have enjoyed it tremendously. I've made several trips into the park at different times of day and have gathered a lot of subject matter for future paintings. My ol' trusty camera has taken a turn for the worse, though. I've talked with a camera repair shop and they seem to think it's an issue with the software (they call it firmware) in the camera. I tried to download the "fix" but my computer skills, or lack of them, prevented me from getting the job done. So, once again, I got in touch with my nephew, Ron the photographer, and we have taken care of the problem. It seems that real photographers have cameras just laying around that they aren't using. I talked him into selling me one of his spares and my new camera is now on it's way to Montana. Thanks, Ron! The check is in the mail!

While I'm having some downtime waiting on my new camera, I've been taking care of some other business. I've stretched canvases for paintings that I'm going to put in the Tulsa Gilcrease Museum's "Collectors' Reserve" show, which opens in October and have also varnished three Big Bend pieces that I'm getting ready to ship to the Whistle Pik Gallery in Fredericksburg, Texas. I have also just completed my first painting of Glacier National Park. Oh, I may have taken a nap or two during my downtime also!

Until next time!




1 comment:

  1. Aliens get around Jerry. Marfa, Glacier National Park . . . they get around, Just like the Beach Boys song says. . . round, round, get around, I get around."

    ReplyDelete